Getting active at home!
Staying at home can get really frustrating, I found some fun exercises that you all can do at home to keep your mind and body active!
For this, you will have to get into workout mode, which means getting out of your bed keeping that phone aside. Wash your face with icy cold water and gently pat using a towel. Now change into your workout outfit and start by: -
1. Rotating your neck clockwise for 30 seconds and then anticlockwise for another 30 seconds
2. Rotate your shoulders clockwise for 30 seconds and then anticlockwise for another 30 seconds
3. Stand straight, keeping your feet together, and the arms by the sides. Raise the arms straight over the head. Interlock the fingers and turn the palms upward. Now come on the toes by raising your heels simultaneously. Do this for 2 mins.
4. Stand straight with feet hip-width apart. Raise your right knee as high as possible and support it using your hands. Hold it for 30 seconds. Do the same for the other leg and gold it for 30 seconds.
For the main workout, we will start by: -
1. Jumping jacks: Stand straight with your feet together and hands on your sides. Jump along with raising your arms above your head and bring your feet apart. Reverse the movement immediately and come back to the original position. Speed up the process and do it 5 times, 1 min each.
2. Lunges: Lower your hip until both knees are at a 90-degree angle. Step forward with one leg while keeping your upper body straight. Come back to the original position and repeat. Do this 5 times for 2 mins each.
3. Push-ups: Get down on the ground setting your hands shoulder-width apart. Ensure your body forms a straight line. Begin to lower your body keeping elbows close to your body. Push back to starting a high plank position. Repeat the process and do this for 3 mins.
4. Squats: Start with the hips back with back straight, chest, and shoulders up. Bend your knees and squat down keeping them in line with your feet. Now come back up and repeat. Do about 15-20 squats.
1. Upper trapezius: place one hand on your lower back, the other hand on the opposite side of your head. Pull your head towards your shoulder, looking straight ahead, until you feel a stretch in your neck. Hold it for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side
2. Crossbody shoulder stretch: Grab one arm above your elbow with your opposite hand, and pull it across your body toward your chest until you feel a stretch in your shoulder. Make sure to keep your elbow below shoulder height. Hold for 30 seconds and then repeat on the other side.
3. Chest stretch: Start by standing tall, interlocking your fingers your behind you near your butt. Keeping your back straight and shoulders aligned, push your arms up until you feel the stretch. Hold it for least 30 seconds.
That’s pretty much it! Hope this helps!